Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:

> I think debbugs is fairly close to what we'd need, for reasons stated
> earlier:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-05/msg01156.php
>
> (I think Bugzilla is *completely* the wrong tool for the Postgres
> development model.)
>
> I've heard vague comments from Debian people that the debbugs code is
> kind of evil, although I haven't confirmed that myself. Writing a system
> like this from scratch would not be much work, anyway...

Well in fact debbugs was rewritten from scratch not long ago. They added lots
of new features and presumably made the code less evil. I suppose that's a big
presumption though :)

I agree that it would be a good match though. There's an email interface for
everything and a number of debian packages use a mailing list as the primary
contact which is how I imagine Postgres developers would like things set up.

--
greg