Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's bug tracker
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Stark wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>

>>I think debbugs is fairly close to what we'd need, for reasons stated
>>earlier:
>>
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-05/msg01156.php
>>
>>(I think Bugzilla is *completely* the wrong tool for the Postgres
>>development model.)
>>
>>I've heard vague comments from Debian people that the debbugs code is
>>kind of evil, although I haven't confirmed that myself. Writing a system
>>like this from scratch would not be much work, anyway...

The bug tracker component of Launchpad (aka Malone) is heavily influenced by
debbugs, and under active and rapid development.

https://launchpad.net/products/pgsql/+bugs

Its designed to allow tracking of bugs both in the 'upstream' sourcecode,
forks and commercial varients, and in the packages distributed by OS vendors.

Developers hang out in #launchpad on freenode.net

> Well in fact debbugs was rewritten from scratch not long ago. They added lots
> of new features and presumably made the code less evil. I suppose that's a big
> presumption though :)
>
> I agree that it would be a good match though. There's an email interface for
> everything and a number of debian packages use a mailing list as the primary
> contact which is how I imagine Postgres developers would like things set up.

Current email interface documentation for Malone is on our wiki at
https://wiki.launchpad.canonical.com/MaloneEmailInterfaceUserDoc

We use it internally the way you describe.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/

Вложения