Re: Why do backups take so long?

От Rob Richardson
Тема Re: Why do backups take so long?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
It completed successfully in about two seconds.

RobR

-----Original Message-----
From: Raymond O'Donnell [mailto:rod@iol.ie]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2015 1:33 PM
To: Rob Richardson; pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Why do backups take so long?

On 06/03/2015 18:26, Rob Richardson wrote:
> I have PostgreSQL 9.3 and the associated version of PGAdmin loaded on
> my Windows 7 Pro box.  I am trying to take a backup of a tiny database
> on my local machine.  When I request the backup, PGAdmin flashes for
> three minutes before finally deciding to make the backup.  Why does it
> do that, and is there an update for PGAdmin available that doesn't do that?

pgAdmin just uses pg_dump [1] to do the actual backup, so it would be interesting to run pg_dump directly at the
commandline to see if the same behaviour manifests itself.

Ray.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Why do backups take so long?
Сообщение: Re: Why do backups take so long?