Re: Why do backups take so long?

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Why do backups take so long?
Дата
Re: Why do backups take so long?  (Jan-Peter Seifert <Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de>)
Список pgadmin-support
On 06/03/2015 18:26, Rob Richardson wrote:
> I have PostgreSQL 9.3 and the associated version of PGAdmin loaded on my
> Windows 7 Pro box.  I am trying to take a backup of a tiny database on
> my local machine.  When I request the backup, PGAdmin flashes for three
> minutes before finally deciding to make the backup.  Why does it do
> that, and is there an update for PGAdmin available that doesn’t do that?

pgAdmin just uses pg_dump [1] to do the actual backup, so it would be
interesting to run pg_dump directly at the command line to see if the
same behaviour manifests itself.

Ray.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-pgdump.html

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

От: Rob Richardson
Сообщение: Why do backups take so long?
От: Rob Richardson
Сообщение: Re: Why do backups take so long?