Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 10:08:14AM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Wed, 2024-06-19 at 13:32 +0530, Veerendra Pulapa wrote:
> > How do we check code 13.3 and 13.4  nbtdedup.c:800?
> >
> > Regarding this issue can we get any relevant information? Where can we find bug information?
>
> Huh?  PostgreSQL is open source.
>
> I told you it is commit fa675af59f, so you can look at
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa675af59f
>
> It is also listed in the release notes of 13.4:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/release-13-4.html
>
> - Harden B-tree posting list split code against corrupt data (Peter Geoghegan)
>
>   Throw an error, rather than crashing, for an attempt to insert an item with a
>   TID identical to an existing entry. While that shouldn't ever happen, it has
>   been reported to happen when the index is inconsistent with its table.

Right, and the reason why the index is inconsistent with its table is
probably due to the ill-fated OS update you mentioned; if that was
in-place and unless you REINDEXed all the text-column-based indexes,
this might have lead to index corruption, so REINDEX your database after
you upgraded to the latest minor release of version 13.

Michael