Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process

От Veerendra Pulapa
Тема Re: Urgent: Segmentation Fault in PostgreSQL postmaster Process
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

Is there any way to reproduce the issue on different OS and Different DB versions?

Br,
Veerendra Pulapa | Technical Consultant
M: +91-9949349894 | www.ashnik.com

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 1:42 PM Michael Banck <mbanck@gmx.net> wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 10:08:14AM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> On Wed, 2024-06-19 at 13:32 +0530, Veerendra Pulapa wrote:
> > How do we check code 13.3 and 13.4  nbtdedup.c:800?
> >
> > Regarding this issue can we get any relevant information? Where can we find bug information?
>
> Huh?  PostgreSQL is open source.
>
> I told you it is commit fa675af59f, so you can look at
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa675af59f
>
> It is also listed in the release notes of 13.4:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/release-13-4.html
>
> - Harden B-tree posting list split code against corrupt data (Peter Geoghegan)
>
>   Throw an error, rather than crashing, for an attempt to insert an item with a
>   TID identical to an existing entry. While that shouldn't ever happen, it has
>   been reported to happen when the index is inconsistent with its table.

Right, and the reason why the index is inconsistent with its table is
probably due to the ill-fated OS update you mentioned; if that was
in-place and unless you REINDEXed all the text-column-based indexes,
this might have lead to index corruption, so REINDEX your database after
you upgraded to the latest minor release of version 13.

Michael

This email may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the rightful recipient of this email, please delete this email immediately and inform the recipient.