How to upgrade psql client

От Vivekanand Joshi
Тема How to upgrade psql client
Дата
Re: How to upgrade psql client  (Harshad Adalkonda <adalkondaharshad@gmail.com>)
Re: How to upgrade psql client  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Team,

I want to upgrade my psql client which is version 8.1.23 right now. I am
not been able to see the DDL for the tables using \d option. I have
installed PostgreSQL through source.

How to upgrade the client?

============================

postgres=# select version ();
                                                    version
-------------------------------------
 PostgreSQL 9.3.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44), 64-bit
(1 row)

===============================

psql -U postgres -W

Welcome to psql 8.1.23 (server 9.3.5), the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

WARNING:  You are connected to a server with major version 9.3,
but your psql client is major version 8.1.  Some backslash commands,
such as \d, might not work properly.

Thanks,
Vivek