Re: How to upgrade psql client

От John Scalia
Тема Re: How to upgrade psql client
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 2/9/2015 9:25 AM, Vivekanand Joshi wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I want to upgrade my psql client which is version 8.1.23 right now. I am
> not been able to see the DDL for the tables using \d option. I have
> installed PostgreSQL through source.
>
> How to upgrade the client?
>
> ============================
>
> postgres=# select version ();
>                                                      version
> -------------------------------------
>   PostgreSQL 9.3.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2
> 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-44), 64-bit
> (1 row)
>
> ===============================
>
> psql -U postgres -W
>
> Welcome to psql 8.1.23 (server 9.3.5), the PostgreSQL interactive
> terminal.
>
> Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
>         \h for help with SQL commands
>         \? for help with psql commands
>         \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
>         \q to quit
>
> WARNING:  You are connected to a server with major version 9.3,
> but your psql client is major version 8.1.  Some backslash commands,
> such as \d, might not work properly.
>
> =====================================
>

> Thanks,
> Vivek

If you built from source, did it build a psql executable for 9.3.5? And if you built from source and then did a "make
install",then you may have the new psql under your bin
directory. (I'm only used to centOS and RedHat, which puts these under /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin, My experience is that this
isusually done from a source build.
--
Jay

От: Vivekanand Joshi
Сообщение: How to upgrade psql client
От: Shreeyansh Dba
Сообщение: Re: Can't uninstall rpm package.