Re: restarting logical replication after upgrading standby

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: restarting logical replication after upgrading standby
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

> On Feb 7, 2022, at 11:00 AM, Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@chaos1.de> wrote:
>
> Anybody out there, succeeding with upgrading a logical replication subscriber without resyncing it?

I have not tried it, but thought this the idea below would work for upgrading the publisher or subscriber with
pg_upgrade.Plan to test it in a few weeks. If anyone knows it will not work, that will save me some time :).

Before pg_upgrade on the subscriber:

alter subscription my_subscription disable;
alter subscription my_subscription set (slot_name = NONE);

And then after pg_upgrade:

alter subscription my_subscription enable;

John DeSoi, Ph.D.