Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.

От Nikhil Shetty
Тема Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi John,

Would it work as expected if before pg_upgrade on the standby:
alter subscription my_subscription disable;
alter subscription my_subscription set (slot_name = NONE);
And then after pg_upgrade:
alter subscription my_subscription enable;
I have not tried it yet, but I thought this would be the simplest option.

We are using physical replication slots.

Thanks,
Nikhil

On Wed, Feb 9, 2022 at 2:41 AM John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com> wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2022, at 2:08 AM, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Because pg_upgrade modifies your primary instance in such a way that a standby
> can't simply keep replicating from it.

Would it work as expected if before pg_upgrade on the standby:

alter subscription my_subscription disable;
alter subscription my_subscription set (slot_name = NONE);

And then after pg_upgrade:

alter subscription my_subscription enable;

I have not tried it yet, but I thought this would be the simplest option.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.