Re: restarting logical replication after upgrading standby

От Axel Rau
Тема Re: restarting logical replication after upgrading standby
Дата
Re: restarting logical replication after upgrading standby  (John DeSoi <desoi@pgedit.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Vijay for all your work, you have done to help me to resolve this
issue.

Am 06.02.22 um 20:03 schrieb Vijaykumar Jain:
> *# so finally, i truncate the table and re-sync :(

I'm disappointed. )-:

   and everything works,
> but i think i am missing something here. i am pretty sure we *
> *# can play with pg_replication_origin_advance
> or pg_replication_slot_advance to move the lsn to continue subscription
> without a sync, i'll have to spend some time to understand that*
> *# but for now, in summary, subscription breaks in upgrade. After an
> upgrade, we need to enable it back and possibly refresh publication
> (re-sync) from scratch.*
> *# but i am hoping i can be corrected by more experienced people here.*

Anybody out there, succeeding with upgrading a logical replication
subscriber without resyncing it?

Any help appreciated,
Axel
--