Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1

От Popovici Alexandru
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you for your answer.

    I tryed to restore the dump file ( some data was
deleted an need it to be restored ) on the same server
on which was made (windows 2003 ), using the same
software ( pgAmin ) used at backup. I have not change
any settings for PostgreSQL server or pgAdmin.

    The data is not corupted because I succeded to
restore it on a different computer on which I have
installed the PostgreSQL and PgAmin 1.2. But I can do
this on production server.

> There are serveral possible reasons for this issue.
> -Restoring on a newer server then the backup was
> taken from. The servers got
> pickier regarding encoding over several versions.
> -Restoring on a server with diverent encoding then
> the encoding of the server
> where the backup came from.
> -Restoring with a differen client encoding at the
> pgAdmin (probably different
> version or setting).

> -Corruptet data file.
> -...