Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1

От Ivo Rossacher
Тема Re: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE":0xa1
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Am Freitag, 4. Januar 2008 15.58:23 schrieb Popovici Alexandru:
> Hello,
>
>      For my database ( PostgreSQL 8) I made a backup (
> using pgAdmin ). Now when I try to restore the data (
> again using pgAdmin ) at some point the process is
> aborted:
>
> -----------
>    pg_restore: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for
> encoding "UNICODE":0xa1
>    CONTEXT: COPY ...............
>    pg_restore: [archiver(db)] error returned by
> PQendcopy: invalid byte sequence for encading
> "UNICODE":0xa1
>    CONTEXT: COPY ...............
>    pg_restore: *** aborted because of error
>    Process returned exit code 1
> -----------

There are serveral possible reasons for this issue.
-Restoring on a newer server then the backup was taken from. The servers got
pickier regarding encoding over several versions.
-Restoring on a server with diverent encoding then the encoding of the server
where the backup came from.
-Restoring with a differen client encoding at the pgAdmin (probably different
version or setting).
-Corruptet data file.
-...

If you need more assistance we need to know the platform, versions and
parameters you used for the process.

Best regards
Ivo