Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website

On 3/18/2015 12:17 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 12:06:58PM -0400, John Scalia wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm not sure of policy on the yum.postgresql.org website, but I have a small difficulty. We haven't yet upgraded
beyond9.3.3, and that's been working fairly well for us. For an
>> upcoming project, we need to build out a new environment from scratch, which means being able to download everything
fromeither the RedHat yum sites or from 3rd party yum sites.
>> Well, the older 9.3.3 version isn't on the postgresql site anymore. Now 9.3.4 and above are, but that means a whole
newand time-consuming round of testing if we migrate up. Is
>> there any chance of putting the older 9.3.3 instance back on the yum site? Or is some major flaw with 9.3.3 that
shouldmotivate us to get off it immediately?
> I think you need to read this, and do all minor upgrades when they are
> available:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning/
>
>     The community considers not upgrading to be riskier than
>     upgrading.
Sure, I read this earlier, but if this is really the issue, then why are 9.3.4 and 9.3.5 both still available on the
yumsite? Isn't that also a sort of violation since the current
version of 9.3 is 9.3.6?
--
Jay

От: Matheus de Oliveira
Сообщение: Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Version on the yum.postgresql.org website