Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 13/03/2015 15:47, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Achilleas Mantzios
> <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

>>> If it does not have power loss protection, don't use it.
>>
>> Thanx Joshua.
>>
>> If theoretically somehow we eliminate the power loss factor, would it make
>> sense to use such a disk?
> Sadly there's no way to eliminate power loss in real life.
>
> Now if you can live with some data loss corruption that's a different matter.

Thanx,
the question is if postgresql will recover, we can tolerate some data loss,
but no total db corruption, equivalent to fsync=false, with the db unable to recover.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
Head of IT DEV

Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?