Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:55 AM, Achilleas Mantzios
<achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
> On 13/03/2015 15:47, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Achilleas Mantzios
>> <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

>>> Thanx Joshua.
>>>
>>> If theoretically somehow we eliminate the power loss factor, would it
>>> make
>>> sense to use such a disk?
>>
>> Sadly there's no way to eliminate power loss in real life.
>>
>> Now if you can live with some data loss corruption that's a different
>> matter.
>

> Thanx,
> the question is if postgresql will recover, we can tolerate some data loss,
> but no total db corruption, equivalent to fsync=false, with the db unable to
> recover.

Sadly that is the exact thing that is likely to happen.

P.s. I worked in a BIG data center that lost all power. Three power
conditioners, three USPs and the switch for the diesel gen all blew
out at once. Lots of dbs that relied on never losing power were
corrupted and took days to recover most of their data and get back
online.

Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?
Сообщение: Re: Samsung SSD 850 PRO 1T : any good for PostgreSQL?