Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3

От remi@internetworker.net (Remi)
Тема Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3
Дата
Re: Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3  (Chris Ruprecht <chris@ruprecht.org>)
Re: Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I've installed redhat enterprise 3 on a system to use as a db server.
Manually I can install and run postgresql 7.3 (the one on the extras
CD). The problem is when you try to add postgres as a service, it
might add it, but it will not start it. To do this, we got a
postgresql script, placed it in the init.d folder with all the other
service shell scripts, and then went into services, add service, and
typed postgres. The specific error received is:

env: /etc/init.d/postgres no directory or file found

Is there some environment variable that needs to be set in some file
somewhere. I read a lot of documentation online, and modified whatever
files that people mentioned, but maybe I'm missing something?

Just to clarify, the server pgsql components are installed. I've done
several fresh installs with all kinds of options either selected or
de-selected. For example, I've installed all client, and server
components at one point.

What baffles me as well is that on Redhat 9.0 it sets up postgres for
you on an install, and automatically adds, and configures it under
services so that it auto starts postgres on a server reboot.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.