Re: Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Postgresql 7.3 And Redhat Enterprise 3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Remi wrote:
> I've installed redhat enterprise 3 on a system to use as a db server.
> Manually I can install and run postgresql 7.3 (the one on the extras
> CD). The problem is when you try to add postgres as a service, it
> might add it, but it will not start it. To do this, we got a
> postgresql script, placed it in the init.d folder with all the other
> service shell scripts, and then went into services, add service, and
> typed postgres. The specific error received is:
>
> env: /etc/init.d/postgres no directory or file found

Try "postgresql" instead of "postgres".

You could also use chkconfig to set up the service -- see `man
chkconfig`, but I think you want something like:

   chkconfig --level 3 postgresql on

This would add postgresql as a service to be started for you when
booting to run-level 3.

To manually start the Postgres service, do:
   /etc/init.d/postgresql start

HTH,

Joe