Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Rainer Tammer
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello,
I will try to get some debug code in the SIGINT handler.
In the wort case I will start a system trace.

In the meantime I have build more version on AIX 6.1.
I can see no failure on AIX 6.1, including 9.2.7.
I have installed the same C/C++ compiler on the AIX 6.1 box
as I have on the AIX 7.1 box - still same result. All test are OK.

So the problem is not compiler dependent.

Currently I upgrade a AIX 7.1 test LPAR on a Power 5 box.
This way I can check if the problem is dependant on AIX 7.1
or Power 7+. (Some years ago there was a problem with
Java on the newer CPUs.)

What code path is executed if the timeout passes and
the signal is send?

- Where exactly is the signal send?
--> Is the signal really send?

- Where is the first entry in the handler?
--> Do we receive the signal?

Bye
  Rainer

P.S.: What do you think of a smoker on the IBM developer cloud?
If this is interesting I might organize the setup.