Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with PostgreSQL 9.2.7 and make check on AIX 7.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Rainer Tammer <pgsql@spg.schulergroup.com> writes:
> 1. fast shutdown

> The unexpected  "LOG: received fast shutdown request" is happening
> on an installed instance. I have found other articles on the WEB which
> describe the same problem (other platform) - unfortunately there was
> no real solution to it.

As far as we can tell, any SIGINT of the postmaster must be coming from
outside the Postgres code.  There are several places where SIGINT is
generated internally, but I've just been through all of them again and
it's pretty nearly impossible to believe that they could target the
postmaster process rather than some child process.  If you've got a
way to instrument it and find out where the signal came from (eg what
PID sent it), that would be interesting information.

> 2. hang during make check

> PostgreSQL 8.4.20 -> make check does finish without hang
> PostgreSQL 9.0.16 -> hang
> PostgreSQL 9.2.7 -> hang

Interesting, since AFAIR there was no major surgery on the timeout
code in 9.0.  If you'd said 9.3 broke it, that wouldn't be so
surprising ...

> As far as I can see the hang is caused by the "set statement_timeout to
> 2000;"
> statement. Where would be a good start point to diagnose this problem??

Well, the point is that the timeout is failing to happen.  Is the SIGALRM
signal being blocked?  If it is delivered, why doesn't that spring the
process off its wait?  Anyway, I see you already found enable_sig_alarm
and CheckStatementTimeout, so those are reasonable places to start
injecting some additional logging.  You might also need to instrument
the backend SIGINT handler, StatementCancelHandler in postgres.c.