Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)

От Andreas Schmitz
Тема Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

are there any firewalls up (check iptabled) ? try running

telnet 192.168.91.145 5432

what is happening ?

regards,

Andreas

On 08/24/2012 06:15 AM, CS DBA wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I've fired up 2 CentOS 6.2 VM's via vmware fusion 5 (on a mac).
>
> I disables selinux on both, and installed postgres 8.4.13 on both VM's
>
> I set listen_addresses = '*'
> and I added a trust entry for each server in the opposite server's pg_hba.conf file.
>
> However I cannot access one server from the other one via psql -h <I.P. address>
>
> I get the standard error:
>
> psql -h 192.168.91.145
> psql: could not connect to server: No route to host
>     Is the server running on host "192.168.91.145" and accepting
>     TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>

> I can ssh between servers, I see no entry in the postgres log per the connection attempt (I have log_connections set
toon)

> Currently I have networking set to "share with my mac" or NAT.  I tried setting networking to "Private to my mac"
withthe same results. Tried Autodetect (Bridged) as well, no luck

От: CS DBA
Сообщение: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)
От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Canot access PostgreSQL via psql -h (Vmware Fusion)