Re: Troubles at Startup

От Hugh Esco
Тема Re: Troubles at Startup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Problem solved!

When using pg_ctl to make the postmaster see a pg_hba.conf file that had
been edited while the database server was running, I got a message that it
looked for, but did not find, the psql script in the
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin directory.  So I copied this file from /usr/bin
(where the apt-get install postgresql had installed it) to
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin.  And while I am still having trouble invoking a
psql command line prompt, I am now getting postmaster starting up
automatically at boot up, exactly as /etc/rc#.d says it should.

Is there some appropriate place I should report this problem to the folks
who build and maintain the Debian package for postgresql, so this matter
can be handled in future distributions?

-- Hugh Esco