Re: 8Kb or 4Kb ext4 filesystem page size

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: 8Kb or 4Kb ext4 filesystem page size
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 29/5/19 9:10 μ.μ., Alexandre hadjinlian guerra wrote:
> Hi
>
> Given that postgres uses 8Kb pages, im wondering why i couldnt see any tests at all which would format ext4 partition
to8Kb pages. Im about to do some tests, but any knowledge about such lack of

> tests on the internet makes me wonder if im looking poorly or just lack of testing. besides, i do ask if the
followinglink remain true given XFS and EXT4 evolution since 2015

> https://blog.pgaddict.com/posts/postgresql-performance-on-ext4-and-xfs
This is just my personal opinion, and might be the case only with us, but anytime I had severe problems with any of our
postgresqlclusters this was with XFS. I know that XFS has been highly praised

and recommended as a pgsql fs, just hasn't been the case with us.
Having said that, in the era of could based or vm-based postgresql installation, the question of choice of FS is
becomingless and less relevant. Just make sure to secure your data, and that you don't

over tune your fs at the expense of data safety.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

От: Alexandre hadjinlian guerra
Сообщение: 8Kb or 4Kb ext4 filesystem page size
Сообщение: Re: 8Kb or 4Kb ext4 filesystem page size