Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/29/20 11:35 PM, Andrus wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Would it not be easier to just set up another Debian server, run
>> binary replication
>
> Breaks occurs rarely, 0-2 times per year.
> I want try it first.

Got it. Just thought it would be easier not to have to deal with cross
OS issues.

>> and put them behind something like pgpool?
>
> Backup server will use single core and minimal RAM. It may be needed 0-2
> times per year.
>
> pgpool should switch to use it for production work only if main server
> does not respond.
> I havent found this feature in pgpool documentation (maybe missed).

Here is one example:

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-watchdog.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Uploading existing shapefile from geoserver to postgresql
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is"CPUTF-8" in pg_restore