Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is"CPUTF-8" in pg_restore

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is"CPUTF-8" in pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/29/20 2:47 PM, Andrus wrote:
> Hi!
>
>>> Same warning appears two times. This command execute by pg_restore
>>> probably causes this (harmless?)  warning:
>> What warning?
>
> pg_restore: WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale
> "et_EE.UTF-8":
> codeset is "CPUTF-8"
>
>> I cranked up a Windows 7 instance and tried to migrate a Postgres 11
>> database from Ubuntu and it failed on the CREATE DATABASE step because
>> of this line in the dump file:
>> CREATE DATABASE redmine WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>> LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8';
>
> I ran this statemnt it in Windows 10 with Postgres 12 successfully.
> Result was:
>
> WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF-8": codeset
> is "CPUTF-8"
> WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF-8": codeset
> is "CPUTF-8"
> CREATE DATABASE
>
> Query returned successfully in 1 secs 75 msec.
>
> redmine database was created. I dont understand why it failed in your test.

Not sure but:

1) I was on Windows 7

2) Using Postgres 11

3) My Windows skills have atrophied, especially with the Windows command
line.

>> When I manually changed it in the plain text version of the dump file to:
>> CREATE DATABASE redmine WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>> LC_COLLATE = 'English_United States.1252' LC_CTYPE = 'English_United
>> States.1252';
>
> I verifed that data was restored using pg_restore without manually
> changing anything.

So was this the same for the database you originally posted about, it
actually restored it just threw warnings?

If so I misunderstood the situation and thought the database was not

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows
Сообщение: Re: Hot standby from Debian to Windows