Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is "CPUTF-8" in pg_restore

От Andrus
Тема Re: could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8": codeset is "CPUTF-8" in pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

>> Same warning appears two times. This command execute by pg_restore
>> probably causes this (harmless?)  warning:
>What warning?

pg_restore: WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "et_EE.UTF-8":
codeset is "CPUTF-8"

>I cranked up a Windows 7 instance and tried to migrate a Postgres 11
>database from Ubuntu and it failed on the CREATE DATABASE step because of
>this line in the dump file:
>CREATE DATABASE redmine WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8' LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8';

I ran this statemnt it in Windows 10 with Postgres 12 successfully. Result
was:

WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF-8": codeset is
"CPUTF-8"
WARNING:  could not determine encoding for locale "en_US.UTF-8": codeset is
"CPUTF-8"
CREATE DATABASE

Query returned successfully in 1 secs 75 msec.

redmine database was created. I dont understand why it failed in your test.

>When I manually changed it in the plain text version of the dump file to:
>CREATE DATABASE redmine WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UTF8'
>LC_COLLATE = 'English_United States.1252' LC_CTYPE = 'English_United
>States.1252';

I verifed that data was restored using pg_restore without manually changing
anything.

Andrus.