Re: Postgresql 9.0.1 installation error

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.0.1 installation error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 8/08/2011 7:11 PM, Venkat Balaji wrote:

> We had installed PostgreSQL9.0.1 for which i had executed the below
> commands -
>
> ./configure --with-openssl --prefix=/opt/Postgresql9.0.1/
> make install
> installed successfully

OK, you're building Pg from source rather than using packages provided
by EDB or your operating system. Fair enough, albeit somewhat unusual
for many production setups.

> When i said "./psql -p 5445", I am getting the below error

The most likely cause is that the dynamic linker is using a different
library than what Pg was compiled against for libssl, libpg, or
something like that.

You have neglected to mention the platform you're using or any of the
other important data, so it's hard to give any more detailed
instructions about how to track the issue down. It'd help if you
mentioned what OS you were using, whether you uninstalled/deleted any
prior versions of Pg, what your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is, what `ldd' reports
when run on psql, etc.

> [postgres@warehouse1 bin]$ ./psql -p 5445
> LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> Segmentation fault

Most likely you have linkage problems, but if not it'd help if you'd get
a backtrace of that client crash. Assuming you're on a machine with gdb:

gdb --args ./psql -p 5445
(gdb) run
.... blah blah
.... terminated with SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault)
(gdb) bt

> 2. The same version of PostgreSQL was installed in the same server in a
> different location and is working fine without any issues -
> 3. Postgres process is running fine. When i am connecting from a
> different PG installer bin directory,
>      I am able to connect.

It's *EXTREMELY* likely to be an issue where you're linking to a
different libpq possibly compiled with different options, then.

--
Craig Ringer