Re: Postgresql 8.4 replication using Londiste

От Craig James
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.4 replication using Londiste
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 6/8/11 12:39 PM, Maria L. Wilson wrote:
> Interested in using Londiste to set up replication of only one column in a particular database to another database on
aremote Postgres server.  I've installed and configured londiste on the servers - that was no problem.  I just don't
seeanything in the docs that specify how to replicate only one column - not the entire table.  Anybody out there have
anyexpertise in this that can point me in the right direction?
Londiste is a table-level replicator.

You might be able to create one table with the column you want replicated (plus a primary key), another table with the
restof the columns, and a view to give your app the original view.  Even so, you have to replicate the one column plus
thePK, unless the data you're replicating is unique and can be its own PK.

On the other hand, I've noticed that Londiste doesn't know when you change a table.  You might be able to create your
one-columntable (plus PK), start replication with Londiste, then do ALTER TABLE to add the rest of the columns.  A hack
forsure.

Craig

От: "Maria L. Wilson"
Сообщение: Postgresql 8.4 replication using Londiste
От: Joby Joba
Сообщение: Close jdbc connection