Re: Postgresql 8.4 replication using Londiste

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: Postgresql 8.4 replication using Londiste
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> writes:
> On the other hand, I've noticed that Londiste doesn't know when you change a
> table.  You might be able to create your one-column table (plus PK), start
> replication with Londiste, then do ALTER TABLE to add the rest of the
> columns.  A hack for sure.

And it stopped working somewhere in the 2.1 branch, I would guess by
2.1.9 from memory.  Now the trigger notices when you ALTER TABLE and
will queue events with the new columns by itself.  Well, that might also
depend on which trigger you use, but the default one is now smart
enough.

Skytools3 ahead! :)

Regards,
--