Re: "1-Click" installer problems

От Nikhil G. Daddikar
Тема Re: "1-Click" installer problems
Дата
Re: "1-Click" installer problems  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: "1-Click" installer problems  (Peter Geoghegan <peter.geoghegan86@gmail.com>)
Re: "1-Click" installer problems  (Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I see 5 responses from 2 of our
> engineers over the last 2 days on that thread, all asking valid
> questions and trying to figure out why this is failing for you, when
> it does not for the vast majority of other users. I appreciate that
> you do not want to do a manual installation, but for us to understand
> why it is failing in your particular case, we need to do some
> exploration.

It is not the count that matters. It is the quality. Even after giving
logs, your folks are unable to figure out the problem. I am facing the
same problem that was faced by a lot of users on the forum and not one
was resolved successfully. Otherwise I would've moved ahead on my own. I
am interested in fixing the installer. I am not interested in manual
steps to get it working on my PC because there are a hundred other PCs
that I have to worry about and a fix in the installer would be right
step ahead. But someone has to admit that there is a problem in the
installer. All arguments in this thread are junk because 8.3 installer
for win32 from postgresql.org WORKS using the same conditions on
Vista/2003/7 everywhere. It is nothing to do with APPDATA or any such
thing. Something that worked was broken, it's that simple. And nobody
wants to know what was.

> Sachin told you how to install in a nutshell, but I guess you missed
> that so here are the detail walkthrough instructions:
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/learning/pginst_guide.do
>

> I don't think that's bad for *free* support.

If you mean the number of responses, yes it's great.

The reason I posted this in the general newsgroup is because I thought
others would like to know what's going on. But I think this is a
newsgroup with a bunch of inflated egos who want to do everything else
rather than address the problem. A typical open-source group.
Evangelizing PGSQL was a mistake.

Thanks for all your help and good luck to everyone!
-n.