UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)

От Laszlo Nagy
Тема UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)
Дата
Re: UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)  ("Artis Caune" <artis.caune@gmail.com>)
Re: UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)  (Axel Rau <Axel.Rau@chaos1.de>)
Список pgsql-performance
Hi again,

Should I use gjournal on FreeBSD 7? Or just soft updates?

Here is my opinion: I suspect that gjournal would be much slower than
soft updates. Also gjournal is relatively new code, not very well
tested. But gjournal is better when the system crashes. Although I have
heard that sometimes gjournal will crash the system itself. There are
more pros for soft updates I would pefer that. But please let me
know if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

   Laszlo