Re: UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)

От Axel Rau
Тема Re: UFS 2: soft updates vs. gjournal (AKA: Choosing a filesystem 2.)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Am 24.09.2008 um 12:18 schrieb Laszlo Nagy:

> Should I use gjournal on FreeBSD 7? Or just soft updates?
I'm using gjournal for 5 weeks now on my production server.
There are 4 journaled filesystems on a raid controller with
BBU. pg uses 23GB out of 1.6TB. I can't see any performance impact or
other issue.
Recovery from an unclean shutdown took less than a minute as compared
to half an hour with ufs2/softupdates/fsck.
However I'm still unsure if I should enable async mounts of rhe fs
with tablespaces/WAL.
Anybody giving me advice?

Axel
--- ar3

От: Steve Clark
Сообщение: Re: Intel's X25-M SSD
От: "Richard Broersma"
Сообщение: Re: query planner and scanning methods