Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

От Robert Lor
Тема Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
> Hi Jignesh
>
> What things do I all need to take care when I want to run both postgres databases on the same box. Like the Solaris
10postgres db and my postgres db.

By default the Postgres versions that are shipped with Solaris are
disabled (run "svcs postgresql" to verify).  So if you just want to use
your own Postgres binary, you don't have to worry about changing the
port as long as you don't enable the versions that come with Solaris.
You are making conflicting statement about running both databases in
parallel but at the same time want to replace your version with the
binary that comes with Solaris. Perhaps you're thinking that the
Postgres that comes with Solaris is always running by default which is
not the case!

-Robert

От: Ian Westmacott
Сообщение: Re: 8.1.8 autovacuum missing databases
От: Thomas Bräutigam
Сообщение: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10