Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

От Thomas Bräutigam
Тема Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Robert,

That's the issue, the database is not running which gets delivered with Solaris 10 but I am not sure if the my customer
accidentlyactivates it or not, so I want to be on the safe side of live, that I minimize this risk.

Cheers Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert.Lor@Sun.COM [mailto:Robert.Lor@Sun.COM]
Sent: Mittwoch, 30. April 2008 20:25
To: Thomas Bräutigam
Cc: J.K.Shah@Sun.COM; Joshua D. Drake; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Remove Postgres from Solaris 10

Thomas Bräutigam wrote:
> Hi Jignesh
>
> What things do I all need to take care when I want to run both postgres databases on the same box. Like the Solaris
10postgres db and my postgres db.

By default the Postgres versions that are shipped with Solaris are disabled (run "svcs postgresql" to verify).  So if
youjust want to use your own Postgres binary, you don't have to worry about changing the port as long as you don't
enablethe versions that come with Solaris.
You are making conflicting statement about running both databases in parallel but at the same time want to replace your
versionwith the binary that comes with Solaris. Perhaps you're thinking that the Postgres that comes with Solaris is
alwaysrunning by default which is not the case!

-Robert

От: Robert Lor
Сообщение: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10
От: Robert Lor
Сообщение: Re: Remove Postgres from Solaris 10