Re: Explicit configuration file

От Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD
Тема Re: Explicit configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar wrote:
> > I would like postgresql.conf to not
> > get overwritten if I have to re-initdb.

This is something I would also like.

Bruce wrote:
> I wonder if we should go one step further.  Should we be specifying the
> config file on the command line _rather_ than the data directory. We
> could then specify the data directory location in the config file.  That
> seems like the direction we should be headed in, though I am not sure it
> is worth the added headache of the switch.

Yes, I vote for a -C switch for postmaster (postmaster -C /etc/postgresql.conf)
and inclusion of PGDATA in postgresql.conf .
Maybe even a new envvar PGCONFIG that a la long replaces PGDATA.

Imho PGDATA does not really have a future anyway with tablespaces coming,
and multiple directories where pgdata lives (root on hdisk1, pg_xlog on
hdisk2 ...).

Andreas

Сообщение: Re: Explicit configuration file
Сообщение: Re: Explicit configuration file