Re: Explicit configuration file

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Explicit configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD writes:

> Imho PGDATA does not really have a future anyway with tablespaces coming,
> and multiple directories where pgdata lives (root on hdisk1, pg_xlog on
> hdisk2 ...).

Probably true.  The question is where the table space setup is going to be
configured.  (Some of it will be done within the system catalogs, but the
log directories, etc. need to be configured externally.)  If the answer is
postgresql.conf then I don't think that's a good idea because it would
make it impossible to use the same postgresql.conf for multiple servers.
I guess that's impossible already because the port is configured there,
but it *should* be possible, because else why would you want to have it in
a global location.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net