Re: Explicit configuration file

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Explicit configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

No, but Cygwin does and that's the environment that PostgreSQL runs in.

Other than that, I agree entirely with mlw (sorry Peter :-) ).

If /etc/postgresql.conf included settings on the hba.conf file, ident.conf
file & data directory (and anything else I've forgotten) to use then a new
user could get up and running far quicker, and control every aspect of the
server from /etc/postgresql.conf without mucking about with symlinks (which
can be very confusing if working on a (convoluted) system setup by someone
else and *not* otherwise documented) OR (and I think this is the important
bit for a new user) having to modify their environment.

More complex/multiple instance systems could easily use a -C, -cf -f or
whatever option to specify an alternate config file.

Just my 2 pennies worth...

Regards, Dave.