Re: ssl and odbc standar driver

От Andreas
Тема Re: ssl and odbc standar driver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Fabricio Peñuelas schrieb:
> I need to install something in the client?
Well, you obviously need the ODBC driver on the client

>> The certificate has to be named    postgresql.crt
>> and the key   postgresql.key.
>
> this is for the client?
Yes. You need a key+cert pair for your client, too.
And it should not be the same as the server's   ;)
The hairy part is that the documentation does explain the creation of
the SSL stuff for the server but it fails to tell how to get the
credentials for the clients.

Every user who is supposed to connect from this client-pc needs to have
at least those 2 files present in his/her "postgresql" folder. It needs
to be created in the user's personal data subtree above   c:\documents
and settings\username\application data
We are talking about Windows as client, are we?
I haven't tried this with a Linux client but there it should be the
folder   /home/username/postgresql

You wrote that you could connect with pgAdmin.
pgAdmin needs the same two files with ssl-credentials so if this worked
on your client, then there is something wrong with your connection string.
On the other hand since the server complains that you try to connect
without ssl, I'd rather think there is something wrong with your
ssl-credentials. I'd guess the driver cant find them.

> sorry for my bad english... :)
no problem. It isn't my first language either.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Specific questions about wraparound and vacuum
От: "Tena Sakai"
Сообщение: Re: postgres authentication