Re: ssl and odbc standar driver

От Fabricio Peñuelas
Тема Re: ssl and odbc standar driver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I did this

(16.7. Secure TCP/IP Connections with SSL) (postgresql documentation)

i build postgresql with option   --with-openssl

then
i created the certificate and put then into data dirtory

openssl req -new -text -out server.req
openssl rsa -in privkey.pem -out server.key
rm privkey.pem
openssl req -x509 -in server.req -text -key server.key -out server.crt
chmod og-rwx server.key

pg_hba.conf
hostssl all all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 md5

I can to conect from pg_admin and  this say in properties page: Encryption
SSL encrypted

Now the problem is the client.
i use  this conecction string
(http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=postgresql)

ODBC - PostgreSQL driver
Standard

Driver={PostgreSQL};Server=IP
address;Port=5432;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

I can add SSL=true;SslMode=Require; to this string?

I add the ssl option in the client but not function.
The cliente say:  FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "xx.xx.xx.xx", user
"yyyyy", database "asdfasdf", SSL off

I need to install something in the client?

>The certificate has to be named    postgresql.crt
>and the key   postgresql.key.

this is for the client?

sorry for my bad english... :)

>From: Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net>
>To: Fabricio Peñuelas <fabrixio1@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] ssl and odbc standar driver
>Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 02:47:54 +0200
>

>In deed it is possible.
>You'll need a ssl certificate and a private key and put it on c: in your
>users ....\application data\postgresql directory.
>You'll have to create the postgresql-directory first.
>
>The certificate has to be named    postgresql.crt
>and the key   postgresql.key.
>
>Now you can chose ssl in your dsn-settings or set the parameter in your
>connection string.
>

>Fabricio Peñuelas schrieb:
>>It is possible to connect to postgres  with odbc standar driver and ssl
>>enabled ??
>>Es posible conectarme a postgresql con odbc standar driver y ssl activado?

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Live Search en Prodigy/MSN. Todo lo que buscas ahora más rapido
http://live.com