Re: ssl and odbc standar driver

От Fabricio Peñuelas
Тема Re: ssl and odbc standar driver
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The problem was ODBC driver version :(
I update my driver from version 7.03.01 to 8.01.02 and  it's working :)

Documentation say:
"If verification of client certificates is required, place the certificates
of the CA(s) you wish to check for in the file root.crt in the data
directory. When present, a client certificate will be requested from the
client during SSL connection startup, and it must have been signed by one of
the certificates present in root.crt. Certificate Revocation List (CRL)
entries are also checked if the file root.crl exists.
When the root.crt file is not present, client certificates will not be
requested or checked. In this mode, SSL provides communication security but
not authentication"

I am working without root.crt and root.crl
Now  communication is security but not the authentication.
I will   try  to create certificates in the cliente and root.crt and
root.crl on the server.

I have both, windows and linux client and my servers are linux.

>The hairy part is that the documentation does explain the creation of the
>SSL stuff for the server but it fails to tell how to get the credentials
>for the clients.
Do you now how create this credentials and root.crl?

thank you very much by your help.

>From: Andreas <maps.on@gmx.net>
>To: Fabricio Peñuelas <fabrixio1@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] ssl and odbc standar driver
>Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 20:00:34 +0200
>
>Fabricio Peñuelas schrieb:
>>I need to install something in the client?
>Well, you obviously need the ODBC driver on the client

>>>The certificate has to be named    postgresql.crt
>>>and the key   postgresql.key.
>>
>>this is for the client?
>Yes. You need a key+cert pair for your client, too.
>And it should not be the same as the server's   ;)
>The hairy part is that the documentation does explain the creation of the
>SSL stuff for the server but it fails to tell how to get the credentials
>for the clients.
>
>Every user who is supposed to connect from this client-pc needs to have at
>least those 2 files present in his/her "postgresql" folder. It needs to be
>created in the user's personal data subtree above   c:\documents and
>settings\username\application data
>We are talking about Windows as client, are we?
>I haven't tried this with a Linux client but there it should be the folder
>  /home/username/postgresql
>
>You wrote that you could connect with pgAdmin.
>pgAdmin needs the same two files with ssl-credentials so if this worked on
>your client, then there is something wrong with your connection string.
>On the other hand since the server complains that you try to connect
>without ssl, I'd rather think there is something wrong with your
>ssl-credentials. I'd guess the driver cant find them.
>

>>sorry for my bad english... :)
>no problem. It isn't my first language either.

Windows Live Spaces en Prodigy/MSN Spaces: Crea tu propio espacio.
http://spaces.live.com

От: Decibel!
Сообщение: Re: Specific questions about wraparound and vacuum
От: "Anderson Alves de Albuquerque "
Сообщение: Permission ALTER PASSWORD