Re: Specific questions about wraparound and vacuum

От Decibel!
Тема Re: Specific questions about wraparound and vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 12:07:14PM -0400, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
> 2) If a regular (non-full) vacuum will not reset the XID. Will a
> dump/restore take care of wraparound? We have done this in the past for
> space reclamation because we seem to be able to dump/restore more quickly
> than we can do a full vacuum.

If you're doing that you need to re-evaluate your vacuuming strategy and
possibly your free space map settings. You should normally never need to
use pg_dump(all) or vacuum full to reclaim space.

If you've got the ability to take enough downtime to dump and restore,
you should really use that opportunity to upgrade to a modern version,
too.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Вложения