Re: geometry poligons performance and index

От Peter Koczan
Тема Re: geometry poligons performance and index
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>  The results are ok, but the query is too slow. I tried to applay a GIST and
>  gtree index but performance did not improve.
>  By explaining the query I see that the where condition gets the query slow.
>  Is there a more simple way to check if two poligons have a not null
>  intersection (they overlap)?
>
>  Is there a kind of index I can use ?

If you stored the polygon geometries in the same table, you could use
a functional index (give the CREATE INDEX statement a function to
evaluate rather than a column). Check the CREATE INDEX page for
caveats. Beware that the index would grow with the square of the
number of rows if you did it like this.

Peter