geometry poligons performance and index

От giuseppe.derossi@email.it
Тема geometry poligons performance and index
Дата
Re: geometry poligons performance and index  ("Peter Koczan" <pjkoczan@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
 Hi
 I need to set a query which performs a intersection check between two set
of
 polygons which are stored into two tables.
 I wrote the where instruction so:
 where area(intersection(t1.the_geom,t2.the_geom))>0

 The results are ok, but the query is too slow. I tried to applay a GIST and
 gtree index but performance did not improve.
 By explaining the query I see that the where condition gets the query slow.
 Is there a more simple way to check if two poligons have a not null
 intersection (they overlap)?

 Is there a kind of index I can use ?

 THanks

 Giu

 Sponsor:
 Vuoi un prestito fino a 30.000 Euro? Clicca qui per un preventivo
immediato! Prometeo ti propone prestiti personali senza attese e senza
spese.
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6915&d=20070829