Re: default port number

От Tena Sakai
Тема Re: default port number
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi Kevin.

I had to read your message twice and look at
pg_hba.conf file, but I am now clear.  Yes,
a big difference between listen *on* and
listen *to*.

Many thanks.

Tena Sakai
tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Grittner [mailto:Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov]
Sent: Tue 9/4/2007 11:54 AM
To: Tena Sakai; Kevin Kempter; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] default port number

<FE44E0D7EAD2ED4BB2165071DB8E328C03062BBD@egcrc-ex01.egcrc.org>, "Tena Sakai"
<tsakai@gallo.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> '*' is a bit too wide for my taste.  I wonder
> if it is possible to specify something like
> network mask (or range)?

This is not the IP list you will listen *to*, but the IP list you will
listen *on*.  (You may have multiple network adapters and not want to
accept connections on all of them.)

To limit the IP addresses which can connect to the server, see the
pg_hba file.

-Kevin