Re: problem with initlocation

От Josef J. Micka
Тема Re: problem with initlocation
Дата
Re: problem with initlocation
Список pgsql-admin
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 10:05, Josef J. Micka wrote:
>>
>>> i want to make database in another place and i'm unable to use
>>> initlocation, and i don't know, what i'm doing wrong.
>>>
>>> this is what i do, and i think it's correct.
>>>
>>> www:/home/db/postgres$ su postgres
>>> postgres@www:/home/db/postgres$ ls -l
>>> total 12
>>> drwx------  6 postgres postgres 4096 Aug 31 14:59 data
>>> drwxr-xr-x  2 postgres postgres 4096 Aug 31 14:19 data-web
>>> drwx------  3 postgres postgres 4096 Oct 15  2004 dumpall
>>> postgres@www:/home/db/postgres$ /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/initlocation
>>> /home/db/postgres/data-web/
>>> initlocation: cannot be run as root
>>

>> What does the command whoami say right before you would run the
>> initlocation?
>

> I think a more appropriate question would be why is he running a
> version of PostgreSQL that still has initlocation?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

>> TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

because it's latest stable version for debian sarge.
and i rather use possibly "older but stable" software, then "unstable"
or "development" software on production server.
also i don't need features of new version, in fact, i may stay on 6.5,
but from my point of view is 7.4 faster, and as i said, it's "stable"
for debian.

regards
Josef J. Micka

От: "Paul B. Anderson"
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum error on database postgres
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Problem using pg_restore with -a option