pg 8.1.3 on AIX

От Gavin Hamill
Тема pg 8.1.3 on AIX
Дата
Re: pg 8.1.3 on AIX  (Seneca Cunningham <scunning@ca.afilias.info>)
Список pgsql-general
Hullo :)

We're a Linux shop, and are getting an IBM pSeries 650 with AIX
preloaded on Friday - I have no AIX experience, and was looking for info
about compiling pg 8.1.3 on AIX, since it's the only app that will run
on the machine. First, are there any precompiled packages? :))

Basically, is it currently a matter of ./configure, make, make install ?
We can have whatever AIX version we want up to 5.3, so I'm looking for
advice on which provides the path of least resistance..

I've been reading through
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20051122.005048.a0a268bc.en.html and
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_AIX.html

What's the popular concensus of using gcc versus  AIX's native 'cc' ?

Is a pg install likely to just be a case of installing libedit and
perhaps using the 8.2devel backend Makefle as the FAQ_AIX suggests?

Sorry for being so green, but I really am in a corner needing to get
things moving ASAP :(

Cheers,
Gavin.