Re: pg 8.1.3 on AIX

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg 8.1.3 on AIX
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gavin Hamill <gdh@laterooms.com> writes:
> Basically, is it currently a matter of ./configure, make, make install ?

Should be, modulo whatever FAQ_AIX tells you.

> We can have whatever AIX version we want up to 5.3, so I'm looking for
> advice on which provides the path of least resistance..

With old AIX versions there seems to be a problem with gcc not liking
the system headers (see recent thread), but we know 5.2 builds PG OK
with either gcc or cc; there are a couple of 5.2 machines in the
buildfarm.  I'd go with the latest system release if I were you,
barring very concrete reasons not to.