Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?

От Brad Nicholson
Тема Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
C. Bensend wrote:

>>If you have command string monitoring turned on, via
>>stats_command_string in the postgresql.conf file, then you could get
>>this information from the system view pg_stat_activity.
>>
>>Generally, you could look to see if a current_query is a vacuum, perhaps
>>via...
>>
>>select * from pg_stat_activity where lower(current_query) like 'vacuum%' ;
>>

>Are there any drawbacks to turning this on (mine is not)?  If not,
>I can certainly do that.

Well, you have to turn on the stats collector, so you will pay a little
bit of a performance penalty for that.  I doubt you'll notice it unless
you're really close to the edge.  You do have to restart the database to
enable the stats collector if it's off.  The pg_stat_activity stuff is
pretty essential for debugging problems in the database.

--
Brad Nicholson  416-673-4106