Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?

От C. Bensend
Тема Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> If you have command string monitoring turned on, via
> stats_command_string in the postgresql.conf file, then you could get
> this information from the system view pg_stat_activity.
>
> Generally, you could look to see if a current_query is a vacuum, perhaps
> via...
>
> select * from pg_stat_activity where lower(current_query) like 'vacuum%' ;

Are there any drawbacks to turning this on (mine is not)?  If not,
I can certainly do that.

> If that parameter is not turned on, then ps auxww | egrep [something
> finding your PG processes] | grep VACUUM could perhaps do the trick,
> albeit not from a straightforward database query...

Yes, I could do that, but I'd rather avoid it if I can.  :)

Thanks much!

Benny

--
"'And you've got 10 gig of files to put through our mail system?' I
ask, squeezing my mouse in a non-approved manner." -- BOFH, 2006-01

Сообщение: Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?
Сообщение: Re: Is the database being VACUUMed?