Re: Securing Postgres

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Securing Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
L van der Walt wrote:
> The big problem is that the administrators works for the client and not
> for me.  I don't want the client to reverse engineer my database.
> There might be other applications on the server so the administrators do
> require root access.
>
> About the raw database files,  I can use encryption to protect the data.

Well, if it's your client's machine, then they any competent
administrator will be able to work around anything you do. They set the
ground-rules you work in - you could be running inside a virtual machine
and never know.

If your database design is so advanced that you can't chance it falling
into the hands of others then you'll need to keep a separate machine and
  lock it down yourself.

Are your clients really so dishonest that they'd break into the database
and take the necessary steps to hide their tracks too?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd